



Madi has really been into Barbie's this last year. Which, I do have to admit, got me a little excited. I was so excited to show her how I played with Barbie's and built rooms out of books (by opening them up and make walls from the books into different rooms).. I think I was more excited than she was to play with them! Then I came across this blog..
http://kimboscrafts.blogspot.com/2010/02/diy-barbie-house.html. Which is one of my favorites. She gave me a lot of good ideas. We had this old dresser that we were going to donate because the drawers were broken. I am so glad that I saw this blog! It was a ton of fun doing. It took me a good week and loooooong nights. I might have a black and blue toe, and cuts all over my fingers, but every minute was worth seeing her look on her face when she saw it. I wish I would've video taped it, but I was too tired to think about it (4 nights staying up until 3am and getting up at 7am). Thanks to my friend from my ward, Rachel, for her mad skills from workshop in High School. And for my hubby helping me brain storm how to build it and make it work. It is finally done! It is not perfect, but it is a Barbie house and it was my first big DIY project. I think I might be addicted. It was such a nice feeling that I accomplished something like this.
6 comments:
Awesome Steph! I'm sure Madi loves it! What a great Mom you are.
super cute steph!
It is so cute..and just the right height to play in...Way to go Steph...and her Bday party was so fun...loved watching all the skating...brought back a lot of fun memories =) Love ya
Awesome! Wish I had something like this growing up.
That looks like something I would have drooled over when I was little...
oh who am I kidding, I want to play with it NOW!!!
I pretty much want to come a play barbies now.
Post a Comment